Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Few Views From the Neighborhood

We are leaving for a weekend along the French Riviera in a few hours,  but I wanted to post a few photos of the neighborhood around the John Knox Center before we left.

The area is really a great place to spend three weeks.  It's a mix of very nice homes, hills, cow pastures, sunflower fields and stunning views of the Alps and Lake Geneva.   Sitting here right now, it's hard to imagine that the urban center of Geneva is less than a couple of miles away.  The World Health Organization (WHO) is about 1/4 mile away and the United Nations is about a half mile.  I often have to remind myself that so much is going on so closely, especially when I wake up to the sound of cow bells!

So, I want to share some of that with you.  I didn't have as much time as I thought I would to take photos today, but I did snap a couple.  Sorry for the spot on some of the pics.  I had a spec of dust on the imager of my camera.  I think it's finally cleared off.

Time to pack and sleep for a few hours.  Talk to you Monday!



















A nearby chateau


















Small restaurant in Pregny























One of our regular running routes
















I'll take this one, but the one above is nice, too!
















The big white on in the middle is Mont Blanc.  This view is about 1/2 mile away.

















The view as you approach the John Knox Center

















Welcome to Le Centre!























The road out in front of the Centre
















Nearby home

















Even the donkeys wear bells

2 comments:

taawd said...

great pictures! i love being in Europe without even leaving C-town.

I gave you and Jennie a blog award check it out at my site.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.